Support Forum

Archiv:

• Question on Housing profile 2 from a newbie

For the Housing Profile 2, from the example , I can see the screw hole 'K' being specified on the Cover Panel pair 'B'.

But I did not see the corresponding holes for 'K' on the Housing Profile 2 in the example.

Are these hole required to be specified on the Housing probile 2 ? If so, how.

Thank you.

Posted By: Alan Tam on Jun 09, 2015 04:48PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi Alan,

You don't need to specify the holes on Housing Profile 2. This is where you want to use our square nuts (GGSO9903). They slide right into Housing Profile 2. You can move them to the desired position and line them up with the cover panel.

Best regards,
    Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jun 09, 2015 07:07PM

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning for an enclosure with housing profile 2 on both side with a tall cover panel B, i.e. the 'FB' length is large with an narrow 'A' length.

I plan to install the housing bracket between cover panel B and the side panel.

I do not find such equation from the Housing Bracket section in the manual.

Have I missed anything from the manual ? Thank you.

Posted By: Alan Tam on Jun 10, 2015 07:41AM

You are right, there is no equation for placing a bracket on the slotted side of Housing Profile 2.
    The distances for placing the bracket holes depend on your material thickness and if you keep the 2mm recommended remaining material to cover the slot. I can double check your design if you like, just email me your fpd files.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jun 11, 2015 12:00AM

Thanks, I will send in the fpd files later.

Alan

Posted By: Alan Tam on Jun 12, 2015 05:51AM

Should I send the files to info@frontpanelexpress.com ?

Posted By: Alan Tam on Jun 12, 2015 12:24PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+