Support Forum

• Scale Generator

Is there a tutorial for using the Scale Generator on Mac OS 10? I have it installed and open to the dialog box, but that's about as far as I can get.

Posted By: Mike Miller on Nov 16, 2015 10:41PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Difficulty creating HPGL .plt files in Linux

Does anybody know of software that will let me convert files into HPGL either by importing and saving as HPGL or else straight file conversion? I have several formats I can save to using my design software for my logo, but none of them are .hpgl.

I've tried Cenon, Inkscape, qCad, and Libreoffice Draw and all of them either don't have HPGL or else don't properly save it in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I tried a USB install of 15.10, which allowed me to satisfy dependencies for the latest version of Cenon (4.04, I believe), but it still couldn't save a .plt file which was usable (always ends up just being a 32 byte file, with no data).

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It's possible that the vector data in my other file formats isn't plottable into HPGL format at all or something, but I really need assistance from someone more familiar with these formats and usage.

Posted By: Winter on Nov 08, 2015 02:01PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Shipping Cost

Enjoyed using your program and designed a small panel for a boat. Cost is great at $45.25 but the cheapest shipping option is through the 'bandits' UPS -- $33.25. Surely there must be a better/cheaper alternative? USPS does not appear as an option.

Posted By: Bruce Stratton on Oct 25, 2015 10:28PM Category: Ordering

• Object/group rotation

When rotating a group (or inserted macro object) the rotation factor is kept during the current session, but when the file is saved, closed, and then reopened the rotation factor of that group is reset to 0.0 (ie, the rotation is not saved in the data file). Would it be possible to have the rotation saved as part of the data file, so when the file is reopened the rotation value of objects is preserved?

Posted By: Don North on Oct 15, 2015 08:56AM Category: Whishes

• dxf free contour import

Attached is a .dxf contour that has been imported into .fpd and cavitied. I am trying to make a panel that is the 'negative centered portion. All 'dark grey would be scrap, light grey is the panel.;lp

Attached File: CavityFreeCon_20151007.fpd

Posted By: larry peterson on Oct 07, 2015 05:56PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Missing FPD Files

I've managed to loose lots of my fpd files.I usually save them in the frontpanels folder at programfiles/front design but they are missing.It's just the newer files that are missing.I copied the whole front design folder to another hard drive before a format but they haven't copied along with the older files.Have they been saved somewhere else and I've missed saving them?

Posted By: Richard Rowley on Oct 06, 2015 11:11PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+