Support Forum

Archiv:

• Movement constraints

Is there a way to constrain movement to the ordinal points (0, 45, 90, etc). When resizing an engraving line, or copying an element (using ctl-mose movement) it would be VERY handy to be able to constrain the movement (like holding down shift in Visio)

Posted By: tlj3071 on Oct 30, 2014 03:53PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Install error OSX

Hi, just upgraded and stupidly overwrote my older working version in a desire to finally be able to import a DXF file from illustrator, a seemingly impossible task.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest version for intel macs, and it won't open at all, giving me the following error:

"FrontDesign" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed...

OSX 10.9.5, 2.4ghz core 2 duo

I'm working with this software and this just shut me down for the day(s).

Posted By: Dobart on Oct 06, 2014 06:52PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Change currency

Hello,

I wanted to order a few frontpanels but the program has the currency set to u.s. dollars.

So far not a big problem but when I enter my address it tells me there is not shipping possible???

I had this problem before on my laptop and I use my desktop to order then but after a reinstall it's on both my computers :(

I live in the Netherlands and in the settings in Windows it also says Netherlands.

I'm using Windows 8.1.

Rik

Posted By: riktwi on Sep 19, 2014 04:59PM Category: Ordering

• Outline print extremely light

When I print in outline mode at first I thought it was a blank page until I looked really close, then I could see the incredibly fine lines of the outline. Way too fine to be usable. Is there any way to thicken those even a little?

Update: I turned off economode and got very fine lines, but at least I could see them. Enough to do a trial fit cutout.

And of course can print in non-wire mode, using the panel color as the guide.

Posted By: STMRadio on Sep 16, 2014 05:45PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Potentiometer scale encraving

Hi all people

I am new here on this forum and also new Front panel designer user.

First I would ask where I can find the tool to make on my front panel a scale for pots. same kind of engraving and painting as text.

Maybe there isnĀ“t such a tool, or macro.. what ever it needs.

It would be nice to have scale with numbers from 0 to 10 or just lines surrounding the knobs.

Eki

Posted By: Eki_Electronic on Sep 09, 2014 08:35PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Small holes in cavity

Hi, my 6mm thick panel has a large cavity that is about 5mm deep. I would like to place some 2-56 tapped holes in the cavity, which will only pass through the remaining ~1mm of material at the bottom of the cavity. However, FPD still thinks that the material is 6mm thick and will only let me tap a blind hole, 5.8mm deep. Is there any way to convince the program that the material is only 1mm thick at the location of these holes, so that it can tap them thru? The same restriction applies to regular holes less than 2mm diameter.

Posted By: Mwalker on Sep 03, 2014 07:08PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+