Support Forum

Archiv:

• AutoCAD/DXF Overlay?

In the absence of a true AutoCAD/DXF import feature, which would be very complex, would it be possible to add a feature to simply display an AutoCAD/DXF drawing within FPD so that we can "trace" over it?

All of our existing designs are done in AutoCAD, and when we want to reproduce something in FPD there is a lot of manual comparison between the original and the FPD to ensure that everything is the same.

I'm envisioning a "layer" that contains the rendering of the AutoCAD panel that can be quickly toggled on/off with a hotkey. This would make for very fast visual comparison of any differences in the original and the FPD version.

Of course true AutoCAD/DXF import would be even better!

Posted By: Steven Kan on Mar 26, 2009 08:53PM Category: Whishes

• Engraving Tool Size Question

My panel is 160mm by 430 mm.

It will be a few scale( size about 40-50 mm) placed over there.

I confuse what tool size to choose for a proper in-fill color placement.

Could you advice from your experience?

I would prefer to see some photos or pictures how it looks like with different tool size.

Thanks

Posted By: Pavel Perchine on Mar 02, 2009 11:43PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Painted panels

Are there any issues related to machining painted panels? I'd like to have panels made from painted (brown, textured) 19"-rack mount panels, which naturally I would provide.

Posted By: Mike Meier on Jan 27, 2009 05:26AM Category: Production

• Library request

First, thanks for the product and service. I started using it a while back in a hobby now I'm using it in business.

I would love to see the library expanded. In my current project it would be nice to have standard DIN sized cut-outs, not that rectangles are difficult to draw, but it seems like an obvious thing for the library.

It took me a while to find them but I found the D-connectors (in the macros section) that I was going to request.

Posted By: Mike Meier on Jan 27, 2009 05:22AM Category: Whishes

• First Time User Help

Hello!

I am working on a large audio project. I needed to replicate some Boss Guitar Effects Pedal enclosure holes onto a flat piece of metal. I need 3 in total. I am new to using FrontPanel so I was just wondering if someone can review my design.

I did it on a single sheet of metal to save money. Can I have them cut it into 3 pieces or should I do it myself? Here is a picture of what I am trying to replicate, very basic!

Pedal:

I just need that rectangle cutout-with the small cut up top for the LED.

And here is a screenshot of what I created:

Any problems with the way the cuts overlap, or any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Posted By: Stephen Altenb on Jan 23, 2009 04:07AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Switches

Hello,

I am trying to make a 4pole 5pos switch that has a 30 degree difference for each position.

I was wondering whats the best and easiest way to aling my text to the switch for each position.

Posted By: Mike Watson on Jan 14, 2009 12:16AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+