Support Forum

Looking for more? You may find interesting information here.

Total Posts: 5 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: Phrazemaster
Posted: Dec 17 2010 - 11:34 PM
Subject: Micro-nudge
Hi, another great feature would be the ability to change the nudge value when using the arrow keys to move objects. Changing the default nudge value to the smallest increment you folks can mill would be very helpful in lining things up. Even better, allow the user to choose in the preferences from the smallest to the largest nudge.

Many graphics programs also allow adding modifier keys to the nudge, so a Shift-nudge would be bigger than a regular nudge, and a Control-nudge would be smaller than a regular nudge.

I don't mean to hold a nudge, but...

Thank-you,

Mike
Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Dec 20 2010 - 10:38 AM
Subject: re: Micro-nudge
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Front Panel Designer.

We do actually have a way to adjust the nudge value. As a default, the nudge value is set equal to whatever you have the grid set to.

I would recommend turning your grid to "User" initially, then set the grid to 0.01mm. Next, turn the grid off. This will allow you the greatest nudging flexibility, and will be really helpful if you need to line up engraving objects or the edges of objects.

If you run into any issues getting this to work, please let me know and I can likely provide an alternate method.

Sincerely,
Paul Birkeland
Customer Service
Posted: Dec 20 2010 - 09:04 PM
Hi, I can't seem to get it to set to .01mm. And I can't find a "user" mode.

I'm sure this is simple, but it doesn't seem to be in the settings menu. I am able to make the grid smaller, but when I set it to .01mm it then turns to 0.

Thank-you,

Mike
Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Dec 21 2010 - 10:30 AM
Hello again Mike,

On the very bottom portion of the main software window, you will see the box on the left that indicates the position of the mouse, then a box to select your units just to the right, then just to the right of that is a drop down box for the grid.

If you are unable to set the grid to 0.01mm, do your best to set the grid to the smallest value possible. Anything under 0.05mm should be helpful.

If the grid settings present an issue, you can always right click on an object and click "Move". Set the dX or dY to 0.01mm in whichever direction you need, then click OK. Click Ctrl+R to repeat the move, *nudging* the position of that object.

Hopefully these suggestions have been helpful.

Kindest Regards,
Paul Birkeland
Customer Service
Posted: Dec 21 2010 - 03:15 PM
Of course the suggestions are helpful! You de man!

Thank-you, I'll give it a shot.

Take care,

Mike
Total Posts: 5 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.