Support Forum

Looking for more? You may find interesting information here.

Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: R_Phoenix
Posted: Dec 14 2011 - 03:23 PM
Subject: 3D printing
Hello again,

I'm sure by now most of you have herd of or seen the Open Source / DIY 3D printers floating around the internet. I my self will be receiving my 3D kit around February.

I would love to see your software support such a DIY community and allow those that have a RepRap or some other form of Open Source 3D printer be able to print the panel out for inspection before sending the file to you for production.

More than once have I flawed on a design that would have been spotted only if I could have printed the panel out in actual size and test fitting before sending the file off for cutting.

I feel such a proposal would be monumental in the DIY community. I'm sure some would use your software only to print plastic panels, but the attention and advertisement you would receive from such a feat would be huge.

I have been involved in a few DIY/Open Source projects and trust me when I say, It's only going to get better!
Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Dec 14 2011 - 04:31 PM
Subject: re: 3D printing
Hello Glenn,

Thank you for contacting us regarding our products and services.

The Rep Rap is a pretty awesome concept, and one that certainly falls in line with the philosophy here at Front Panel Express (we highly favor open source software and projects).

You can print out a paper 1:1 copy of your panel to verify measurements. Printing

We are continually working to develop our designer by adding more capabilities, and 3D functionality may be possible in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Paul Birkeland
Customer Service Manager
Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.