Support Forum

Looking for more? You may find interesting information here.

All Categories > Front Panel Express LLC Forum > Front Panel Designer > Filled engravings crossing holes
Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: desiato
Posted: Oct 02 2011 - 02:02 AM
Subject: Filled engravings crossing holes
I am planning to place an engraved rectangular outline with rounded corners to surround a group of elements on a panel. This engraved line intersects the drill holes for the screws that mount the side profiles.

Is there any problem with infilling an engraving that intersects a hole or countersink?

If there are production problems that do not allow a filled engraving intersecting a hole, is there a minimum distance required between the engraved line and the machined area of the countersink or hole? And, if so, is there a way to build an engraved "rectangle" out of individual engraved line segments (that stop short of the hole) but can still emulate the "rounded corner" available in the rectangle engraving object?

Also, if there is a problem with infilling of engravings that intersect a machined element, please confirm that there is no problem if these engravings are not filled (i.e. "no in-fill color").
Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Oct 03 2011 - 11:40 AM
Subject: re: Filled engravings crossing holes
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us regarding our production capabilities.

For engraving lines intersecting countersunk holes, this is generally not permissible, but there are exceptions. I would recommend e-mailing us your .fpd file to info@frontpanelexpress.com and we can check it for you.

The general guideline is that a gap of 0.5mm is the minimum safe distance between an engraving and another object or panel edge.

I can break up the engraving rectangle for you if it turns out to be an issue.

Engraving lines with no infill have nearly no restrictions; we just recommend that you do not have an engraving parallel to the edge of another object and less than 0.5mm from that object.

If we can provide any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,
Paul Birkeland
Front Panel Express
Customer Service Manager

Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.