Support Forum

Looking for more? You may find interesting information here.

Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: dbuckley
Posted: Dec 27 2011 - 01:14 PM
Subject: 22mm industrial controls
Hi, I'm looking for an outlne for a 22mm industrial switch, surely one of the most commonly drilled outlines, but can't find one. When I look in the library at other outlines that have notches in them, they seem to have been drawn in Autocad and then imported. I don't have access to such design tools, or know how to use them to make a composite curve.

Does anyone have a 22mm outline? Below is what I believe is the official specification. In my opinion, this should be added to the next update of the FPD tool.

Cheers, David.

Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Dec 27 2011 - 01:24 PM
Subject: re: 22mm industrial controls
Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Front Panel Designer.

The unusual switch cutouts that come preloaded in Front Panel Designer all have the detent protruding inside the switch hole, as this is somewhat difficult to draw with elements in our software.

For the drawing you posted, a drill hole of 22.3mm in diameter with an overlapping rectangular cutout will create that shape.

The rectangular cutout must extend 1.8mm from the top of the drill hole and be 3.2mm wide. In practice, we would place that cutout as described, then add 2mm to the height, then move it down by 1mm to create overlap that results in the desired shape.

For additional instructions, I would recommend viewing our tutorials:

Tutorials

If we can provide any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,
Paul Birkeland
Customer Service Manager
Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.