Support Forum

Looking for more? You may find interesting information here.

All Categories > Front Panel Express LLC Forum > Front Panel Designer > HPGL engraving inside a cavity
Total Posts: 3 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: Xionic
Posted: Jan 16 2012 - 03:51 PM
Subject: HPGL engraving inside a cavity
I was wondering if it is possible to have an engraving inside a cavity. When I do this in FPD the engraving is no longer visible but still there so will it still engrave?
Author: paulbirkeland
Posted: Jan 16 2012 - 04:32 PM
Subject: re: HPGL engraving inside a cavity
Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry.

It is possible to engrave in a cavity with some programming modifications, but the crispness attained by engraving through the anodized layer (which is quite hard) is lost, so the results will not be comparable to the same engravings cut through the anodized surface.

One alternative to get around this would be to engrave the cavity a little deeper, then have an anodized panel milled to drop into the cavity.

For a small fee, we have also created custom HPGL's that mill a cavity around the shapes of the desired text, resulting in an embossed look. This restricts your letter color to the color of the panel, but the finished look is outstanding.

If we can provide any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,
Paul Birkeland
Customer Service Manager
Author: Xionic
Posted: Jan 16 2012 - 06:32 PM
Subject: re: HPGL engraving inside a cavity
Thanks for clearing that up for me and the quick response.
Total Posts: 3 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.